Hello and welcome to the first issue of Fangtastic DIY!
This will be a series of blog posts that will look at multiple different TVD/TO DIYS and how you would create them. So, let's get started, shall we?
What you will need:
- A canvas (Any size)
- Black paint
- White paint
- Red felt pen
- A paintbrush
- Ruler and pencil
1. Paint your canvas, so that everything is covered in black. (Use long strokes as it looks more professional)
2. Once the paint has dried, mark out where the character names are going to be, using a ruler and marking with a pencil. When you know where they are going to be, start drawing the names. I would recommend typing the names on your computer and trying to copy a suitable font as drawing them on your own can be quite tricky.
3. Using a thin paintbrush and white paint slowly fill out the letters. You should try and be as precise as possible to not go over the lines, but if you do you can always go back over with black paint when dried.
4. Now that all of your character’s names have dried you can take out your red felt pen! Using the pen you can colour small portions of some of the names in red, don't get too carried away though as it may end up being more red than white. I recommend only doing this for one or two names as it could look messy if overused.
What you’ll need:
- A clear plastic phone case
- ~ Felt / Gel pens
- ~ Plain paper
1. Work out which quote you are going to have on your phone case. Will it be the classic “Laugh at the girl who loved too easily.” or a more subtle quote, take your pick.
2. Now that you have your perfect quote its time to start making your phone case. Start by tracing around your phone case onto the paper with a pencil.
3. Next, use your felt/gel pens to write your quote in any way you like. A curly cursive font is recommended, but you can write it any way you want!
4. Cut out the paper, and place it into the phone case with the quote facing the clear front, then place your phone inside!
What you'll need:
- A small message in a bottle type bottle
- Optional: Piece of paper for label, metallic pen, tea bag
- Fake blood
- Necklace chain
- A small piece of fabric
1. Gather up all of the equipment necessary, and fill your message in a bottle with some fake blood to around halfway.
2. (Optional) Cut a small piece of paper, enough to fill the front of your bottle and use the tea bag to make it look old by wetting it then spreading the tea bag over it to give it an old paper vibe. Then you can write whatever you want on it, and stick it down using glue, I recommend something like your name or favorite TVD character.
3. Now that you have your bottle, place your necklace chain on the lid of the bottle. Using your glue, glue a small piece of fabric to the lid making sure that the fabric is over the chain. (Don’t let any glue get onto the chain as it may stick and not function well.)
That's a wrap!
Thank you so much for reading Fangtastic DIY. Let us know in the comments what you think and send us pictures if you make any of them! Perhaps your craft/art will be featured next week :D
Eris Hanlon & The SoMe Team
Check out our other SoMe accounts:
Facebook: Coming Soon